As Oprah Winfrey famously said, "We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are."
This phrase adequately sums up the evolution of our “Twilio SMS to CRM module” and all our products in general.
At INTERVOLGARU, we are committed to constantly developing our products and services to meet clients’ diverse and growing needs, whatever they may be.
The journey of our Twilio SMS to CRM module started in 2019 when a coach contacted us with a request to implement an integration that would enable him to communicate with his clients via SMS from his Bitrix24 portal.
What started as a one feature module has now metamorphosed into a product with numerous functionalities and possibilities.
2-way SMS and MMS communication between Bitrix24 and Twilio, making it possible for Bitrix24 to receive SMS/MMS from Twilio and display them on the CRM “lead card” page.
A Notification of an incoming SMS is sent to the responsible person for existing clients, and for new clients(unknown numbers), the notification is sent to all Bitrix24 users.
Ability to use several Twilio numbers - Users with multiple Twilio numbers can see exactly which of their Twilio numbers received an SMS from their clients.
This feature is very useful for companies with operations in different regions/cities and manages each city with a different number. This makes it easy to tell which office enquiries or messages are meant for.
- Number standardization - linking a message from (778)748-67-37 with a CRM entity saved with 7787486737.
- The option to choose which entity to create when an unknown SMS comes into the portal - LEAD (set by default) or CONTACT.
and drum rolls for the latest addition…..
Integration with Bitrix24 Open channels.
The module can now be added to Contact Center and connected to Open channels.
How to set it up
On the module settings page, there’s a new option - "Connect Open lines".
To integrate the module with open channels, you need to copy and paste the “SID” and “AUTH TOKEN” from your Twilio account to Twilio SMS to CRM module settings page.
On completion of this step, the module will be available on the Contact centre page.
From here, the next steps are exactly the same with setting up open channels for any other source.
- click on “Twilio (by Intervolga)”, a configuration page opens up where you can choose or create open channels.
- Click on the dropdown to create a new channel or to connect an old one.
- Click on “configure”, to complete other settings - Queue, worktime, Agreement, Auto Actions, other etc.
When you click on the “other” menu item, you can change the name of the open channel
And with that, you’re all set up.
The Twilio (by Intervolga) in action
- When you receive an SMS from a client, a notification is sent to an agent in the queue according to your queue settings
- A dialog opens (an Open channel). SMS and MMS are sent to the dialog. When an agent responds, the application sends an SMS response to the client through the Twilio gateway.
Please note :
The open channel you create for Twilio (by Intervolga) is linked to the domain name of your Bitrix24 Account. Therefore, you need to reconfigure it if you change the domain name of your Bitrix24 Account.
- Outgoing SMS messages in Twilio do not work in all countries. Please verify the status for your country before installing our module.
If you have any questions about the features of the module or a feature you’d like to implement in your Bitrix24, please send us a message
INTERVOLGARU is a competent web integrator with over 16 years of experience. We have all competencies (certified by Bitrix Inc) to handle any Bitrix24 project — Complex Implementation, Integration with other systems and Customization.
We have completed over 350 large projects and we look forward to helping you with yours!